My iPod Shuffle
My dearest Marty thought he was just buying something for me to put some music on to listen to while I walk or workout, not a bridge to an alternative lifestyle. 😀
Podcasts. Yup, podcasts. That is my true addiction. I crave content, long to learn, have a need for NPR and a passion for PRI. I’d like to share with you a few of my very favorite podcasts, these rarely, if ever, disappoint:
- Morning Prayer from The Episcopal Church in Garrett County, MD (The Rev. Dr. Chip Lee) Approx. 15 minutes of day-anchoring prayer and peaceful contemplation.
- APM: The Story (Dick Gordon) Every story is a good story! Ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances are encouraged to tell their own story. Dick Gordon’s interview style quietly prods and lovingly probes into the lives of his guests.
- Annie Smith: Quilting Stash (Annie Smith) I love her interview style and I always learn something.
- APM: Speaking of Faith (Krista Tippett) Public radio’s “weekly conversation about religion, meaning, ethics, and ideas.” A huge variety of religious though and perspectives.
- The Fit Cast (Kevin Larrabee and Jimmy Smith) I’ve learned a lot from these guys and their guests. They can be a bit, er, youthful (a nice way to say childish) in their on air (onPod?) style, but as a mother of kids their age, I tend to think of it as more endearing than irritating.
My iPod Shuffle goes nearly everywhere with me. I use the shorter 2′ long earphones that came with my Sony Walkman cell phone and clip my Shuffle to my bra strap. Constant entertainment funneled directly into my brain, 24/7.