Focus Schmocus; Fawn Dawn
We’re all busy. We’ve all got a TO DO list a mile long, not to mention all the “I should, I need to and I have to get to this” items buzzing around in our heads. And, if we are very lucky, we have a lot of people that depend on us to help them with their TO DO lists of Shoulds, Needs and Have To’s.
“One of the secrets of getting more done is to make a TO DO List every day, keep it visible, and use it as a guide to action as you go through the day.” -Jean de La Fontaine, French poet (1621-1695) Please note: this person is now dead, so how useful is a TO DO list really?
Stop running around for a moment, let’s really think about this. Who are the VIP’s in your life? Don’t think about things, I just want to know about the people who are important to you. Where are they on your TO DO list? And remember, YOU are people too.
“When I see the Ten Most Wanted Lists… I always have this thought: If we’d made them feel wanted earlier, they wouldn’t be wanted now.” -Eddie Cantor
Now, let’s think about the items on your list have to do with things. Do you have some things in mind? Okay, cross them off your list. Hurry up! Do it quickly, or you’ll never find the courage again. Yes, yes, you can put it back on the list later. But just for today, cross them off.
There, how does that feel? A bit scary, I know. I feel it too, but I was very brave. Here is my Quilting Opportunities List, revamped:
- Borders onto Flying Saucers quilt. (half done) No rush, love the quilt, but no person involved here
- Quilt and bind Christmas Kaleidoscope Table Runner Uno. Same here
- Piece Christmas Kaleidoscope Table Runner Dos. And here
- Add beads to Alzheimer’s Art Quilt project. Put away to work on during TV time with Marty
- Finish tacking down binding on Pink Fantasy Hexagon Kaleidoscope Zen Monkey Quilt. And this too.
- Finish piecing Marty’s Florida Gator’s quilt. Work on while M is home
- Cut shapes for St. Andrew/Advent quilt banner, begin design play.
- Machine quilt “Log Cabin Hearts” Quilt of Valor project. Move to next QOL (Sept. 29)
- Piece BOM from Quilter’s Junction group. Move this one, too
- Work on The Artist’s Way exercises.
Now I’m down to two tasks people – er, one person (me) and one Deity – and my agenda is set for today and tomorrow.